Irons Oaks Site Rules & Trail Map*
Click on the map above to view our trail map.
Irons Oaks Environmental Learning Center is a joint project of the Olympia Fields and Homewood-Flossmoor Park Districts.
For the preservation of this open space for all to enjoy, we ask that you observe the following rules.
- Groups of 10 or more need a permit to use the grounds. Contact our office for details.
- STAY ON MARKED TRAILS. NO DOGS, BICYCLES OR MOTORIZED VEHICLES ALLOWED ON TRAILS.
- PICK UP LITTER AND CARRY IT TO A REFUSE CONTAINER.
- LEAVE PLANTS AND ANIMALS WHERE YOU FIND THEM. Removal of any living thing from the park is prohibited. This includes any part of a living plant. DO NOT PICK ANYTHING.
- STAY OFF THE TEAMS COURSE, HIGH ROPES COURSE AND CLIMBING TOWER. Use of these structures is allowed only through groups accompanied by a certified instructor.
- VIEW THE POND AND MARSH FROM THE DECK PROVIDED. Walking near the edge of the pond disturbs the delicate habitat.
- NO FIRES or Barbeque Grills allowed.
- NO DUMPING of dirt, trash, construction materials or yard waste.
- THE PARK IS OPEN FROM DAWN TO DUSK.
- BALL PLAYING or other recreational games are PROHIBITED.
THANK YOU FOR OBSERVING THESE RULES!