Get Back to Nature at Irons Oaks! Environmental Education programs are designed to introduce participants to the natural world through hands-on learning and exploration. Our 38-acre nature preserve is home to a diversity of wildlife and habitat types. Whether you are a school teacher, day care provider, home school educator or summer camp, we have a program that will fit your needs and support your curriculum.
Irons Oaks offers three types of programming.
- On-site programs last 1 to 4 hours and are held outdoors at Irons Oaks.
- Early Childhood programs for the younger learners.
- Outreach Early Childhood programs for the younger learners.
Please contact Irons Oaks for additional information or to schedule a program @ 708-481-2330.
To register for a program call 708.481.2330 x1229. Please have a date and time in mind as well as the number of students and adults attending the program.
Program fees are as follows:
|Program Length||Cost Per Group of 15 (Resident)||Cost Per Group of 15(Non-Resident)|
|1 hour (Pre-K) 1 topic ||$40||$50|
|90 minutes 1-2 topics ||$50||$75|
|2 hours 1-3 topics||$75||$115|
|3 hours 1-3 topics||$100||$150|
|4 hours 2-4 topics||$125||$180|
|4 hours (OEE)||$160||$240|
|8 hours (OEE) ||$320||$480|
- All programs are held outdoors. Please dress for the weather.
- Program fee includes use of a picnic area for 30 minutes.
- Payment is due in full 30 days prior to program.
- Cancellations and changes must be made 30 days in advance.
- All students must have a signed Irons Oaks waiver in order to participate in Environmental Education programs.
Want More Information? See our printable flyer: Irons Oaks Environmental Education Flyer